Wednesday, December 1, 2010

There Are Cats in This Blog!

I couldn’t imagine any better book to start my blog.  This book combines two of my great passions – books and knitting.  There Are Cats in This Book is a wonderful, funny, lift-the-flap (don’t worry – it can easily be repaired) book that any child would enjoy.  It truly captures cats’ personalities.  And for the adults who knit, you can knit the cats from the book!  That’s right, there are Patterns  to knit your own Moonpie, Tiny and Andre.  I confess I haven’t knitted my own yet, but the instructions seem clear and not that hard.  If you’re wondering what DK means in the instructions, I’ve looked it up.  DK stands for Double Knitting Yarn.  It is supposedly slightly finer than worsted weight.  If you end up using regular worsted weight, I think the worst thing that would happen is that you would end up with slightly larger cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment